Efren Caballes, DO, CAQSM
Dr. Efren Caballes (“Dr. C”) us a dual board-certified, fellowship-trained Sports Medicine physician. He specializes in non-surgical treatment of the shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, ankle, and foot. Skills include diagnostic sports ultrasound, ultrasound-guided procedures, and platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections. He also has a special interest in evaluation and management of running injuries.
He has been in practice in the Boulder, Colorado area since 2016. He works with recreational, elite, professional, and Olympic athletes/medalists including providing medical coverage with USA Rugby and US Olympic and Paralympic Training Center in Colorado Springs.
Notable accomplishments include Certificate of Added Qualification in Sports Medicine (CAQSM), Registered in Musculoskeletal Sonography (RMSK) certification, and Sports Ultrasound faculty for the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine (AMSSM).
As a recreational runner, he complete the Chicago, New York City, and Berlin marathons and now enjoys stroller runs with his son.
Hometown: Bolingbrook, Illinois
- New York University – Sports Medicine Fellowship, 2016
- New York University – Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation residency (Chief Resident), 2015
- Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (New York) – Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, 2011
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign – Bachelor of Science in Molecular and Cellular Biology, 2007
Kurt Roeser, DPT, PT, OCS
Kurt Roeser is the physical therapist behind Boulder Run Physio, Ability Physical Therapy’s Niwot location.
As a former collegiate cross country and track and field athlete, Kurt continues to enjoy training with Boulder Harriers coached by Steve Jones and competing in races locally and across the country including the 2020 Olympic Marathon Team Trials.
He is passionate about staying up to date with current research and providing high quality physical therapy care to help individuals get out of pain and improve their function in daily life and athletics.
Kurt and his wife Tracy enjoy spending time outdoors exploring Colorado, cooking, lifting, and running together.
Hometown: Naples, Florida
- University of Florida – Doctor of Physical Therapy, 2012
- University of Florida – Bachelor of Science in Applied Physiology and Kinesiology, 2009